Arthritis is a common disorder that affects the joints. It often becomes a source of inflammation and pain. It is especially common in such areas as the feet, lower back, hands, knees, and feet. In general, arthritis is a broad term and it is used to describe over 100 various conditions. The most common types of it are osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis, and Ankylosing spondylitis. At Ironwood Chiropractic in Richmond, we provide care for a variety of conditions, including arthritis.
Is Arthritis Disease Common?
Arthritis is one of the most common conditions affecting about 50 million adults and 300,000 children in the United States.
What Are the Causes of Arthritis?
The causes of this disease depend on the type. However, you will most likely develop it at some point in your life if:
- Someone in your family was diagnosed with it
- Your job or lifestyle put stress on your joints
- You have certain viral infections or autoimmune diseases
There are also certain risk factors that you should be aware of. They are:
- Age. As you age, the risk of arthritis increases.
- Gender. Arthritis is more common among women.
- Weight. Obesity and extra weight put pressure on your joints, which may lead to the development of this condition.
- Lifestyle. You are at risk of developing this condition if you smoke or have a sedentary lifestyle.
How a Chiropractor Helps Patients with Arthritis
Chiropractors are known as specialists who treat various conditions and different types of pain, especially joint pain. For this reason, chiropractic care is often used as an effective tool in treating arthritis. Here is what chiropractors can do for you if you suffer from this painful condition:
- Improve endurance and flexibility
- Increase muscle tone and strength
- Create a nutritional and dietary plan for you that will reduce inflammation in the joints
It is also important to understand that even though chiropractors cannot cure this chronic condition, we can manage its symptoms. Furthermore, regular visits to a chiropractor may prevent the progression of the disease.
Contact Ironwood Chiropractic in Richmond
Have you been diagnosed with arthritis and are looking for quality chiropractic treatment in Richmond to alleviate pain, manage the symptoms, and improve your quality of life? Our professional and experienced chiropractors are here to provide the natural and effective care that you need for your arthritis. Call us today at (604) 271-3234 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.